Johnson County Republican Women (jcrwtx.org)
www.jcrwtx.org (JRCWTX.org) | Effective May 2020
JCRWTX.org provides a central location where visitors can stay up-to-date on news and events of the Republican party in Johnson County and surrounding counties in the Dallas – Fort Worth Metroplex. This policy explains what personal information we collect from you when you visit our website and/or become a member on our site; and how it is used, stored and safeguarded.
We make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of any personal information you provide to us. Additionally, we regularly review our data collection, use and storage practices to ensure data collected is only what is needed to provide services and is purged on a regular basis.
By using this site you agree to be subject to the jurisdiction and laws of the State of Texas.
What Information We Collect
JCRWTX.org may collect personal information which we receive when you:
- use our website
- submit an event
- become a member
- sign up for our newsletter
- or contact us
We may collect the following types of information:
- Your name, email address, telephone number, IP address and other contact details.
- Information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used.
JCRWTX.org does not collect or store your payment information such as credit or debit card details or bank account details.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
JCRWTX.org will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen (18). Any data found to be from a person under the age of 18 will be deleted.
How we use your information
JCRWTX.org uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about JCRWTX.org;
- to respond to your questions and comments; to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Web site; to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you;
- to otherwise customize your experience with JCRWTX.org;
- to solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- JCRWTX.org does not track or store member passwords.
Keeping your information safe and secure
JCRWTX.org is committed to keeping every visitor’s personal information secure, to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed.
The site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. All form entries are encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Site is equipped with the Wordfence security plugin to protect against hacks and malware.
- Submitted events will be deleted no more than 60 days after event date has passed.
- User accounts will be deleted after one year of inactivity.
- Email addresses on our newsletter mailing list will be deleted after one year if no emails have been opened within the year.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
To improve your experience on our site, we may use ‘cookies’. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our site may place on your computer as a tool to remember your preferences.
With Whom We Share Your Information
JCRWTX.org will only share your data in a secure way. We will not sell your contact information to other companies for the purpose of contacting you with their own marketing. JCRWTX.org may share your information with the following:
- JCRWTX.org members – your name, address, email and phone will be added to our online website directory. Only your fellow members have access to this information.
- Mailchimp – for the purpose of sending our newsletter. You may opt-out anytime using the link at the bottom of every email.
- Stripe – for the purpose of securely processing payments. JCRWTX.org does not collect or store any payment information.
- Disaster Recovery Backups – backups are stored for no longer than 90 days and automatically purged on a regular basis.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors that our website receives or the most popular event categories. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How to Contact Us
Contact Form: /contact-us/
Updated: May 2020
More information on protecting your privacy online
The Federal Trade Commission’s website also offers useful information about how to protect your personal information while on the Internet. http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/